1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Downsizing in Illinois too (mostly ducks & turkeys) **Pickup Only**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mothergoose, May 24, 2008.

1. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    We have been thinking long and hard about this for several months and have decided that we really need to weed down on some of the breeds we are raising. So, we have made the cut and everythig that is listed here for sale if not sold before next Sunday, will be going to the Kankakee bird swap, Sunday June 1st.

Everything is pickup only. I would be willing to deliver to the June Kankakee swap or if paypaled in advance, would also deliver to the Knox, June swap (chickenstock)
    I can email photos if interested also.

Birds available:

Trio Black Winged Bronze Turkeys
    1 Tom & 2 Hens, From Jerry Pool $125.00 for trio.
    [​IMG]

12 Mature Snowy Call Ducks (4 drakes & 8 females) being sold in trios. $50.00 per trio.
    [​IMG]

12 Mature Gray Call Ducks (4 drakes & 8 females) being sold in trios. $50.00 per trio.
    [​IMG]

6 Mature Silver Appleyard Ducks (2 drakes & 4 hens) All Holderrread stock. 1 yr old. being sold in trios $35.00 per trio.

13 Deep Keeled Rouens (3 drakes & 10 females) most are almost 1 yr. old. Will sell individually. $10.00 each.

1 Egyptian gander (1yr old) $30.00

3 Ruddy Shelduck females (1 1/2 yrs old) $30.00 each.

In case anyone is interested, I also have some babies...
    royal palm poults $6.00 each

muscovy ducklings $4.00 each

Thanks for looking, if you have any questions. pm or email me.
    Christie [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

too bad im not in Illinois, or i would be taking all those Gray Calls. lol.. They are very nice looking Call ducks.

3. mothergoose

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Sundown,
    Thank you for the compliment. I wish you were closer too! I would love to see the birds go to people that will enjoy them as we have.
    Christie [​IMG]

4. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    Aww man i want your grey and snowy calls sooooo bad. They look great BTW [​IMG]

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I want the turkeys!

6. mothergoose

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Sounds like ya'll just need to make a road trip....kill 2 birds with 1 stone too! Get some birds from me and get to go to the Kankakee bird swap!
    Boy, now would'nt that just be a great vacation!!!

Christie [​IMG]

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Road trip is right! If I still lived in KY I'd be there in a heart beat. Don't think I can quite convince DH to drive from Va to IL ( unless you're selling a motorcycle too LOL )

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    If gas where cheaper this weekend would have been a super road trip weekend. Just think 3+ years ago unleaded gas was $1.23 a gallon.

9. mothergoose

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Believe me, if gas where still in the dollar area...we would be tempted to deliver!!! I love driving cross country. I have'nt been to California since 1993 and I have'nt been to the east coast since 1988. Long roadtrips do not look promising for the near future.
    Have a great Memorial Day everyone.
    Christie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by