Downton Abbey

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicKat, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Is anyone watching season 5 of Downton?
    Last night I saw episode 2 and it ended with the idea that there was a witness to Green's death. Oh no! (we all think Bates 'did it' right?) and Bates and Anna have been through too much already.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Watching it... but so far, not all that interested.
    Seems to have taken some sort of turn from "Masterpiece" to soap opra.

3. ChicKat

That's a good observation. It astonishes me how they 'recreate' 1924 - and the degree of detail in everything.

4. TXEggcellence

TXEggcellence New Egg

Dec 11, 2014
    Rockport/Fulton, Texas
    OMG! I watched it and I agree. and also looks like Lady Mary's rendezvous will be exposed. It was so nice how season 4 ended, and now already strife!

5. ChicKat

No kidding -- Love your avatar BTW...

I googled around and found a spoiler about the Bates thing....

Also a lot of praise for the actress who plays Mrs. Hughes -- (Carson too - they are both excellent)----

And then there is what Lady Edith is getting into -- and the dowager duchess (Is it duchess or countess, I forget now) -- Maggie Smith's character -- all those zingers. Julian Fallows what a plotster.

6. TXEggcellence

TXEggcellence New Egg

Dec 11, 2014
    Rockport/Fulton, Texas
    P.S. Did you watch Downton Manners afterwards? I found it very interesting.

7. ChicKat

Oh dear, does this mean I need to get a TV? -- well actually a TV by itself wouldn't be any good -- because here I wouldn't get reception -- so I would have to get a satellite for the TV -- and then there would be that monthly bill -- and that may cut into the chicken feed budget.

[​IMG]

8. kacklinghen

kacklinghen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2014
    Oh yes I love the show... My favorite character Cybil died early on. She married Irish chaffer and English. (My grand mother was English/German and grand father was Irish) It's on now. I am texting during commercials

9. ChicKat

One of the reasons that I like it - is the way they develop the characters - most of them have 'meaty' roles. I thought one of the best lines in the last episode was when Cora said to Violet "you're just saying that you sound smart" - and Violet answered back "you're right, you should try it sometime". Don't mess with the dowager duchess in a battle of wits/words!!

10. kacklinghen

kacklinghen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2014
    Violet is the queen of wits and her eyes are he eyes of a hawk on Mary and the rest of the Family nothing much gets passed her [​IMG]r

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by