Dozen+ Heavy-layer "Rainbow" hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by LTygress, Feb 2, 2014.

1. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    I've got Sumatras, Easter Eggers, Plymouth Rock, and Phoenix, all being crossed with Leghorns. My goal is to create a stronger layer within each breed. This is a controlled breeding program, but along the way I'm getting the mixed breed versions of these chickens. I usually keep them and hatch them out to continue working on the breeding program, but I'm getting more than my two incubators can handle right now.

The only other cross is EE with Plymouth Rock, in my attempts to create more "olive eggers" than the single layer that I already have. The offspring will be 3/4 EE and 1/4 Plymouth Rock.

So right now I have eggs of ALL colors available. Today's gather yielded eggs from the Sumatra hens (2), Half-Plymouth Rock hen (1), and Leghorn hens (2). Tomorrow will probably have all of that plus an olive egg and an easter egger.

I'm selling the full dozen for $10 plus shipping. At least one of each color WILL be included, or I'll hold off until all colors have been laid. There is a VERY good chance that I can do more than one dozen per week, but anything over a full dozen will be split between orders, and included for free. So if I get 26 eggs, I'll send out two boxes of 13 eggs each.

Located south of Atlanta, so local pick-up in that area IS available.

2. monti

monti New Egg

Aug 8, 2013
    Illinois
    Interested in ordering. How much is shipping? we live in Illinois
    Would like a dozen mixed eggs

3. saigemparsley

saigemparsley New Egg

Feb 11, 2014
    Hi,
    I am going to incubate eggs for a school project are u 100% sure that all of your eggs are fertile? Please respond ASAP!

From,
    saigemparsley

4. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Absolutely. I hatch them out myself, and every last one of them develop. I've actually got TOO many roosters to the number of hens right now, which leaves the hens a little ragged, but sure helps with fertility! These are the same eggs that I hatch for myself, I just have full incubators (AND I have to stop putting eggs in there for a bit because I'm expecting sebastopol goose eggs soon, so I need the room).

There is only ONE breed that isn't fertile, but they are a bantam egg, and I always mark their eggs and keep them separate from the rest. The problem there is that the rooster just isn't old enough, but he's got hens that are old enough to lay. I incubate all of those eggs just to check for fertility, they DO NOT get sold or get anywhere near the ones I sell. Even when those finally end up fertile, they wouldn't be sold with this batch, because they're my frizzles and they are much more valuable/expensive!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  5. saigemparsley

saigemparsley New Egg

Feb 11, 2014

"For with God, nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37 KJV

6. saigemparsley

saigemparsley New Egg

Feb 11, 2014

7. saigemparsley

saigemparsley New Egg

Feb 11, 2014
    Hi,
    Thanks again for quickly responding! :D I will have to talk to my mom to see what she thinks about everything. Thanks again for everything!

From,
    saigemparsley
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by