Dr. Richard Fulton to speak at Michigan Chickenstock 2014!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Wynette, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Folks, I am pleased to announce that Dr. Fulton (see credentials below) has agreed to be a guest speaker at Michgian Chickenstock 2014!!

Since his specialty is diseases, he'll be speaking on common poultry diseases - how to recognize them, preventive measure that can be taken, how to treat, etc. He'll begin promptly at 10:30 a.m., and there will be a question/answer period after he speaks.

Michigan Chickenstock is welcome to all - you need not be a BYC member, or even a resident of the state of Michgan to attend - so feel free to pass the word along! We will be meeting at the Delta Mills Park pavilion on June 21.

R. M. "Mick" Fulton, D.V.M., Ph.D.
    Diplomate, A. C. P. V.
    Avian Pathologist

Diagnostic Center for Population
    and Animal Health
    Michigan State University
    If anyone should have specific diseases they'd wish for Dr. Fulton to discuss, please post in this thread and I'll pass the word along to him. I did let him know that it's completely up to him on what he wishes to speak about, but I'm sure if there is specific interest, he'd be happy to include information in that regard.

2. Candy442

Candy442 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    Williamston, MI
    this is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!

thank you for arranging this!

3. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I know, I'm SUPER pumped about it! It COULD have been the invite to the most awesome buffet lunch that did the trick! He said he'd definitely stay for lunch.

4. Candy442

Candy442 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    Williamston, MI
    LOL, now I am rethinking what I should bring for food.....prime rib maybe? LOL...wow...!

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Very Cool! Nice job Wynette!

6. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    HA! Well........don't let ME stop you! (just make sure I'm first in line!!). Kidding. I'm sure Dr. Fulton's a down-to-earth person, just like we are!

Awe...thanks, but he would have said yes to most anyone, I think! All in the vein of getting the good word out!!

7. snowflake

snowflake Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Belding Michigan
    I have been to a couple of his classes and he is very down to earth, I believe his family raised chickens at one time if I remember correctly , all though I could be mistaken it could have been one of the other Dr. that told us that........he also did the necropsy on my birds and was most helpful e-mailed the results and answered any questions I had as well as sending a written report. .very nice man.

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Nice, Wynette, Dr. Fulton is an excellent and interesting speaker, and happy to share his wide-ranging knowledge.

9. GalloSiSupieras

GalloSiSupieras Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2012
    City of Detroit
    How exciting! Hope we can make it.

Is anyone planning to record the talk?

10. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Excellent question, Gallo! Would anyone with a camcorder be be willing to videotape the talk? If so, I'll get permission ahead from him, if he'll give it.

Also, I'd like to get a total headcount for who will be attending the talk...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by