Dr Scholl's foot inserts

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Jul 3, 2010.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Anyone has them?

I had back pains, lower leg pains, mostly heel pain even I bought some new shoes which it did help somewhat but it went back the way it did. My big toe, ball of my foot, all the way to the heel which it has been pain. Once the foot pain starts, so does my legs, knees and back.

Today I went to WalMart and got one of those things that it was computerized. Not sure if they are the best thing but I had to try something to relieve the pain. My Medicaid/Medicare insurance will NOT pay for podiatrists so no go to a real doctor. UGH!

I put them on the first hour and they are hurting but have not walked in it yet. Maybe it is because my arches has fallen. I have done those usual exercise to stretch those plantar facisitis tendons and it helps but not for long, right back in pain within a minute when I finished my stretching exercises.

I used to do my two mile walks until one day I ended up having alot of pain near my two mile walk. I can not figure out why it would hurt and never had this pain before. Yes I am overweight by 80 lbs. And on HBP and cholestrol meds...the cholestrol meds (simvastatin) caused alot of my muscle pains and I have to eat four bananas a day to keep it to a minimum to tolerate the pain. I still want to continue to do my walks and right now I do not want to walk anymore than I have to because of the pain.

So what was your input on those inserts?

I am planning on going on vacation which we will need to walk alot for the St Charles shopping district, and the St Louis Zoo next week. I hope it is worth the money to have it keep me from too much pain.

2. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I like them and I am nurse so I am on my feet 12+ hours a day... I find they break down really fast though so I replace them every month. There is a store in Canada called walking on a cloud. they sell high end foot wear, sensible shoes though.. you will not find Jimmy Choo there ..lol

They have a wonderful arch support there and I cant remember the name of them (it rubbed off the insert) [​IMG] it was about $50 but sooooooooo worth it I replaced it 2X a year

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I asked my podiatrist about them yesterday. He said its a 50~50 shot with them. I have heel spurs in both feet, and the foot version of carpal tunnel... Try a foot doc. Mine give's me 2 (one in each) very painful shots of cortizone in my feet...(which pretty much makes me feel like a new person) Then he "wraps" my feet. Which is meant to take the weight and pressure off the boggered up heels so they can heal. So far so go! Good luck! Let us know how those Dr. Scholl's work out for you!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  4. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    I have tried everything under the sun to relieve the pain in my feet and back, but to no avail, until this year. I discovered a website (and I'm soooooooo glad I did too!) called www.footsmart.com. See, I have plantars fasciitis as well as nerve damage stemming from a fall I took in '04, and the car accident last month just aggravated things even worse. I've not been able to find comfortable shoes in probably close to 18 years. Until this year. I bought a pair of Propet shoes first (kind of resemble clogs), and they are soooo comfortable, and I could stand and walk in them. Even went on two hikes while wearing them! Hadn't been able to do that in forever! But my heel pain was still bad, so I went back and ordered these arch supports that are meant to lift your arch which stretches the achilles and helps relieve heel pain. I also bought a super comfy pair of fit flops on that website. The arch supports I wear in my shoes, and even when I sleep. I tend to sleep half on my side, half on my stomach, so my feet get stretched out and the ligaments shorten when I sleep. All the heel pain I was feeling was stemming from the fact that when I woke up each morning, I was literally tearing the ligament by forcing it to stretch fast. All I had to do was straighten my foot out and I would get this hot, burning pain shoot through my heel and that was it, I was in pain for weeks afterwards. I've tried all the orthopedic products on the market with little to no success. Scholl's, no good, halo heels, a little better, but not good enough, so I was desperate. This website was heaven sent, I swear! I stumbled across it and I'm so glad I did. I'll be getting shoes for the fall as well as some gym shoes, and maybe some slippers. If you go to the website they have a section that tells you what products or shoes you need for your specific foot problems, and I love that. That means I don't have to look through 1,000 pair of shoes that don't cater to my problems before I stumble across a pair that will. No, right away I'm able to seek out what I need, and pick out my favorites.

Keep in mind that Scholls isn't built to last long term. They want you to keep coming back and buying. They have good inserts on the footsmart website too that last longer. Check it out. Your feet and back will thank you, lol!

5. cafe

cafe Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I haven't tried those. I have plantar fasciitis, too.

So far I've had okay luck with these inserts in a decent pair of walking shoes. Best thing I've found so far are these ugly things. If I wear them constantly, though, my lower back gets sore, though my feet feel pretty good.

It's crazy because I went out and bought some MBTs and I don't like them as well as the cheapy knock-offs.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I will have to try Footsmart to see if they are better than Scholl's inserts.

I took a walk and they felt good! Pain is not there on my heel anymore but legs and back were sore for uneven posture and pain I've been having.

I am hoping that I don't wear them out too fast...they are fifty dollars a pair. So if I wear them out within a month, then I know in due time, I would have to go to the foot doctor and pay money out of pocket for a good foot doc..

7. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Quote:That takes time to fix, realigning your posture and stretching the ligaments in your heels. I hope they work out for you. I suggest getting the arch supports that I bought for myself. They only sell like 2 or 3 kinds. Mine are royal blue and black and cost $19.99 for the pair, and I LOVE them. And you need to invest in really good orthopedic shoes. Without good shoes, the arch supports and shoe inserts are really useless. I learned years ago that the more I paid for a good pair of shoes, the more comfort I would get out of them. But the most comfortable ones of all are my ones from Footsmart. I'm so glad they have free shipping!!!!!

8. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    I ended up buying ecco shoes over the internet. They fit really well and some of the athletic shoes are very padded.

9. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I have gotten great inserts from my podiatrist. I last purchased a pair two or three years ago, and they were about $15, but I don't know if they would help you with your needs. I don't think you would have to see the doctor to purchase them. They just come in a box made to hang on a store hook. I don't remember the brand, but they are green and yellow. I seem to recall that I saw them in a store somewhere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by