Dragging him down with me....yikes! what was that?!?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rachiegirl, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    So, I have caught this debilitating disease which causes an extreme yen for chicks; and sadly, I have passed this incurable disease onto my 11 year old son. [​IMG] He became extremely bitter [​IMG] and accused me of lying to him when TSC didn't have chickies in when they said they would. [​IMG] Luckily, I managed to avoid the daggers that shot from his eye sockets! [​IMG] Of course, they did get chicks today. [​IMG] However, they sold out before we could buy some... [​IMG] I think he has put a hit out on me! [​IMG] Hopefully they get some more in ASAP, or I believe I will continue to be in great peril! [​IMG]
    Does anyone know if the TSC's in a certain area all get the same breeds of chicks or does it usually vary greatly from store to store? I have one 10 minutes and another 25 minutes from my house. I have most of the basics; food(20%) and feeder, brooder, heat light(red), thermometer, pine shavings, waterer is there anything else I should definitely buy to start? The Dumor food TSC had is not medicated, is there something I should buy to counter this? I don't want anything to happen to my new babies....my son would cull me for sure then. Thanks in advance for all your help and enabling! [​IMG]

2. chicklips

chicklips Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Johns, MI
    I know that the 3 in my area all got the same shipment on the same day. I was at all three that day waiting for my cornish x. As for the supplies it looks like you have the bases covered. As for the medicated feed it tends to be a personal preference as to wether you use it or not.

3. Lucky Ducky

Lucky Ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

The last time we went to the next big town to take the kiddos to the Dr., we stopped at The Horse and Hound to see if they had any chicks. They didn't and they were disappointed. But our local feed stores had been out of Layena, so we picked it up while we were there. They are having their Chick Days sale this weekend but I've got to take them to the dentist on the 15th. I wonder if they'll have any left? [​IMG] I REALLY don't need anymore but maybe they'll have something I don't already have!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    Well, if they have any left it will probably only be a few...You simply CAN'T leave them there all alone, they could die! [​IMG]

5. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
  6. chicklips

chicklips Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    St. Johns, MI
    Call them, You will know if there are chicks and what kind. That way you don't waste gas. Better yet have your son call them, that way he feels as if he is part of the process. It might stop the killer looks for a second or two!

7. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    I would suggest getting the medicated feed unless the chicks have already had the vaccine. I have never bought chicks from TSC so I don't know if they have it done or not. I would check with them first because if they have the vaccine already you are not suppose to feed them medicated. I think it crosses it out.

One more thing to get "love" Have fun with you new babies and hopefully your son want cull you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by