1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Drainage Mote

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ok, Well My pen where my ducks and goats are kept is uneven, and when i tip my pools over the water seems to drain right threw the middle of the pen.

Those of you with goats might understand, that goats do not like water, and therefore get very grumpy when their feet get wet, lol.

So, should I dig something like a drainage stream through the side of the yard on the fence line?

I was thinking that that way I could have a not so wet yard as well as the ducks will have a new place to play.

Any other suggestions, compliments, or advice??

2. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Do a search, ideas like this are everywhere.

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well I was thinking I would start here becuase so many people are helpful, and I am kind of feeling lazy this morning, lol, but I will look on google or ask after ive tried here.

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I mean use the search tool here on BYC

5. EliteTempleton

EliteTempleton Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    SW MI
    Search for "Rain Barrel DIY" (w/out quotes) and you'll have idea's galore. [​IMG]

I am speaking more of a google or cuil style search. [​IMG]

6. LV426

LV426 Chillin

Jul 16, 2008
    You could install a drain plug in your water tubs attached to a hose and drain them out the side to another part of the yard. Garden areas especially benefit from duck tea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by