drake aggresion

duck brain

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 13, 2012
My sweet cayuga drake Dobkin has begun to get kind of mean. He will "sneak" after me, pretending not to have been doing anything when i turn around, which is kind of cute. the real problem is when i pick up our affectionate gander Kingsley. He will charge right up and start biting my feet. It doesn't hurt unless I'm in bare feet, but he shouldn't be doing that at all! He gets even more agitated when i shove him away with my foot, which i have to do with my other gander Jump. Am i right in assuming that it's because it's spring (mating) time? How do i get him to stop?

My sweet cayuga drake Dobkin has begun to get kind of mean. He will "sneak" after me, pretending not to have been doing anything when i turn around, which is kind of cute. the real problem is when i pick up our affectionate gander Kingsley. He will charge right up and start biting my feet. It doesn't hurt unless I'm in bare feet, but he shouldn't be doing that at all! He gets even more agitated when i shove him away with my foot, which i have to do with my other gander Jump. Am i right in assuming that it's because it's spring (mating) time? How do i get him to stop?
This is for training geese but will also work for drakes.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/561849/geese-training

This is for training geese but will also work for drakes.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/561849/geese-training  

Thanks, Miss Lydia! will be sure to try this out.
lol i help train 1-3 year old horses. will not have a problem with making myself big.:gig

Thanks, Miss Lydia! will be sure to try this out.
lol i help train 1-3 year old horses. will not have a problem with making myself big.
gig.gif
good for you!! lol

Back
Top Bottom