Drake attacking

Dan.james

Hatching
Jun 3, 2017
Hi guys, we've had a mating pair of call ducks for just over a year now and we thought we would introduce a new female into the mix, she's only few months old and our drake won't stop biting her, she's so scared that she doesn't leave the house to feed and just hides in the Corner. I've put her in a separate pen but would like to re-introduce her to the pair. Any ideas?

too young to be with the mating pair wait till mating season begins to wind down and hormone levels are slowing. Just keep them side by side so they can see each other.

:welcome

YOU NEED TO GET MORE THAN TWO FEMALE! Its so important! sorry for being abrupt.....:rolleyes: I would separate her for now, get a female her own age and then when they are older introduce then together....:duci talk to much!!!!:lau

wait until she is at least 6 months old to put he in with the pair. But until then look for a few other females to go with her around her same age so her is not lonely and before ya know it you will be over run with ducks!!

Good info about getting a few more females or at least one more to go with your young one. Even though ducks mate year round except Muscovy's and wild ducks once fall is here their testosterone levels aren't as high as now so that would be a good time to put together I'd let them all out on common ground first because your pair look at their habitat as "Theirs" so getting them together on common ground is a good way to start off.

Back
Top Bottom