1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Drake Fight!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oregon Blues, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Honest to Pete. These Appleyards just can't get worked up about anything,

I had a drake fight today and it consisted of two big lumps pressing their breasts together and pushing. Not with much apparent enthusiasm. They looked like two Sumo wrestlers.

Once they decided who was the strongest, they were done.

Well, not entirely true that they don't get worked up about anything. I was leaving and one of the ducks was making a huge fuss.

Then she looked me right in the eye, looked pointedly at the ground, and then looked back up at me and tipped her head sideways.

A small leaf of lettuce was on the ground, just too far for her to reach through and get it. I fetched it for her and she waddled away, chewing her lettuce.

2. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Funny story!! I received a couple of bonus SA eggs with a goose egg order a couple of weeks ago. One is developing nicely in my bator. If they are as great as I hear, I may get more to add to my cayugas and anconas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by