1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Drake Logic ???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Mar 22, 2012.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    The ducks (ladies) have been in the small run all week because (1) there are only two of them (since Mildred is still in sick bay) and (2) the drakes have hit crazy aggressive breeding (kill the ducks) mode. This morning I let the girls in the big run with Ciscoe (the protector of the flock and official lookout). The other two drakes are separate in the small run. (Can't separate Walter and Watson or Watson goes just nuts!) Ciscoe is standing at the fence trying to get back in with his buddies. Two hens to himself and he opts for trying to be the "three muskateers"? LOL

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

"No duck left behind- gotta keep the flock together...No duck left behind..."

3. clbarley

clbarley Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Clatskanie, Oregon
    Bro's before Ho's.

4. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    [​IMG]
    I guess so. That is Ciscoe next to the green pot - the drakes are on the other side of the fence on the left. The girls sleeping on the right. Silly duck. He protects his girls like crazy when they are all together.

5. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    lol aren't they funny one second there Hugh Hefner the next there all please get me out of here the females are looking at me god no save ME! they when they are in a group they all think they are Hugh Hefner again

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  6. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    [​IMG]

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Happy that for now we are a girls' club.
    [​IMG]

8. kittywithducks

kittywithducks New Egg

Sep 30, 2011
    Vancouver WA
    we've only got one drake and 2 girls and he's turning into a serial rapist also, overcome with springtime feelings, and starting to wear the girls down. tried locking him away resulting in no eggs and much unhappiness on both sides. any good ideas on how to calm his urges???

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Lots of cold showers.

10. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    knowing a duck they would think a cold shower was a reward

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by