1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Drake or Hen?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by valreegrl, Sep 20, 2016.

1. valreegrl

valreegrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Here are recent pics of my ducks. Have 3 Muscovy and 1 crested.
    Hoping someone here can sex them for me :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. pebbles99

pebbles99 Just Hatched

Aug 16, 2016
    Virginia
    Your one white scovy pictured alone looks like a male and your black and white scovy looks like a female. It is always hard to sex with pictures so I could be wrong.
    Some tips: Males are larger, have broader tales, and have large feet with thick legs. Females look almost feminine. They have smaller feet and thinner legs. Listen to their voices too. Males hiss and girls chirp, honk, and make odd quacks. I can't tell what your other white scovy is. Do you have better picture?? Also, I don't know very much about crested ducks and I hope someone can help you with that!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  3. valreegrl

valreegrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Thanks! I will try and get closer/better pics. I am fairly certain the crested is a female - she honks all the time. The others are very quiet.
    The black and white does have delicate features and appears to be a female to me.
    It's the 2 mostly white that I am having a hard time with.
    Thanks again - will post more pics shortly.

4. pebbles99

pebbles99 Just Hatched

Aug 16, 2016
    Virginia
    I am happy to help! I know it is pretty hard to sex ducks. The muscovy I bought was supposed to be a boy and ended up being a girl [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see more pics! Your birds are very beautiful!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by