Drake or Hen?

valreegrl

Songster
10 Years
May 7, 2009
Here are recent pics of my ducks. Have 3 Muscovy and 1 crested.
Hoping someone here can sex them for me :)

Last edited:
Here are recent pics of my ducks. Have 3 Muscovy and 1 crested.
Hoping someone here can sex them for me
smile.png

Your one white scovy pictured alone looks like a male and your black and white scovy looks like a female. It is always hard to sex with pictures so I could be wrong.
Some tips: Males are larger, have broader tales, and have large feet with thick legs. Females look almost feminine. They have smaller feet and thinner legs. Listen to their voices too. Males hiss and girls chirp, honk, and make odd quacks. I can't tell what your other white scovy is. Do you have better picture?? Also, I don't know very much about crested ducks and I hope someone can help you with that!

Last edited:
Thanks! I will try and get closer/better pics. I am fairly certain the crested is a female - she honks all the time. The others are very quiet.
The black and white does have delicate features and appears to be a female to me.
It's the 2 mostly white that I am having a hard time with.
Thanks again - will post more pics shortly.

Thanks! I will try and get closer/better pics. I am fairly certain the crested is a female - she honks all the time. The others are very quiet.
The black and white does have delicate features and appears to be a female to me.
It's the 2 mostly white that I am having a hard time with.
Thanks again - will post more pics shortly.
I am happy to help! I know it is pretty hard to sex ducks. The muscovy I bought was supposed to be a boy and ended up being a girl
jumpy.gif

Can't wait to see more pics! Your birds are very beautiful!!!

Back
Top Bottom