Drake with possible angel wing and hurt legs

PearlTheDuck

Songster
5 Years
Oct 19, 2016
Texas
Woke up this morning to one of my drakes injured, it looks like he has angel wing on both wings (the end of his wings stick out a bit, one wing is worse) and he won't walk, he just sort of crawls with his wings out, he won't even stand up. I'm sure it was my other two drakes that did it to him because they all have started trying to fight each other, I'm sure now I'll have to pick one and rid of the other two. I already separated him into an area. It looks like the hock on both his legs is swollen. I put some brewers yeast in his food and I'm going to put some vitamins in his water.

Last edited:
That's okay just when ever you get a min.

Sorry it took so long, the past few days we've been building a new coop and new duck/chicken run and we just finished the run today. His wings seem better so I think his feathers were just messed up. He still won't walk, he just crawls using the back part of his legs. He's the sweetest drake we have, I would be devastated to have to put him down :(

20170720_183944.jpg

20170720_183854.jpg

If they weren't like this before the other drakes got hold of him I'd say not angel wing.

Give him a few days of rest with a female with vitamins in his drinking water. He may just need to recoup from his ordeal. He is a beautiful drake.

If you can maybe give him something to float in and see how he uses his legs with weight off of them.

If they weren't like this before the other drakes got hold of him I'd say not angel wing.

Give him a few days of rest with a female with vitamins in his drinking water. He may just need to recoup from his ordeal. He is a beautiful drake.

If you can maybe give him something to float in and see how he uses his legs with weight off of them.

Ok thanks, yeah I have a little pool in there for him and he's been floating in it a lot today since it's been so hot. I'll probably be getting rid of Bill now since he's the one always causing issues, he's the reason Wyatt got a prolapsed penis, he always attacks the females and the other two drakes and now this :he

Back
Top Bottom