drakes and hens! help!

Duck mommy 2019

Crowing
Apr 1, 2019
unfortunately i have no where to keep my ducks until i move this fall. i cannot keep them at my grandparents house anymore, so they have to go and live with a friend. they already have my other duck who i had to rehome months ago and he is living peacefully with like 10 hens and like 5 guinea fowl. will this be ok? i’m giving them my 3 drakes. i’ll be getting them back once i move but will they be ok until then?

Are you talking about chicken hens ? If so the drakes will be fine, but the chicken hens perhaps not. With no duck hens the drakes may start breeding the chickens. Drakes have penises - roosters do not. Drakes breeding chicken hens can injure/kill them. The breeds should be kept separate.

Are you talking about chicken hens ? If so the drakes will be fine, but the chicken hens perhaps not. With no duck hens the drakes may start breeding the chickens. Drakes have penises - roosters do not. Drakes breeding chicken hens can injure/kill them. The breeds should be kept separate.
i can’t keep them separate though...

I agree with sourland. Your drakes will be fine. The hens, maybe not. Drakes are sexually aggressive, especially this time of year. They may gang up on a single hen with unfortunate results.

Back
Top Bottom