Drakes - Can I have more than One Muscovy Drake

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AlaskaItaly, Sep 18, 2010.

1. AlaskaItaly

AlaskaItaly Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Can I have more than one Muscovy Drake in the same area? Will they fight?

I want to sell my 'flock' of Muscovy ducks - one Drake but a couple of the new ones might be male. They all get along great but when I sell, will there be a problem with my drakes being put with others?

Anyone in Alaska who would like to buy my Muscovy ducks, please contact me. They are absolutely gorgeous!

2. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I have two scovy drakes, and three hens, (used to have 4, but gave one to my sil). My drakes get along splendidly, and are best friends. They are just over a year old.

3. Cheepy-cheeps

Cheepy-cheeps Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2010
    Ocklawaha
    We have several boys and girls, mostly boys. Initially, they all ran loose and there was minimal fighting, everyone had room to run away if they got into a scuff. Later we had to pen up the hens, they were getting picked off by predators. All the males mingle fine loose together, they just get a bit randy now and then. I just love how mellow Muscovies are.

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    I have three drakes they fight just to show whos boss but nothing serious and its not al the time.
    you sould be fine with more than one

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have 2 muscovy drakes and 6 hens, my drakes are not related, they use to get into it quite often but seem to stay away from each other. The dominant one chases the other one but never actually catches him lol, but the emden gander is the king of the barnyard, well until our little banty rooster is around anyway It's hilarious to watch this little roo chase off the drakes and goose!

6. AlaskaItaly

May 17, 2010
    Thanks to all!!

7. AlaskaItaly

May 17, 2010
    My babies - 9 weeks - and getting more beautiful day by day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Kelebek

Kelebek Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2009
    Orange Grove, TX
    That is a beautiful bird!!!!

9. AlaskaItaly

May 17, 2010
    Thank you! They are HUGE too - they are only 9 weeks old and already about the size of their daddy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by