Drakes fought relentless this morning and mom thinks the hens are lesbians. Lol.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Moochie, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    I've seperated the drakes but my white crested got beat up more than the rouen. The rouen must have been biting his eyes because they look pinkish, around the eyes not the eyes themselves. The crested drake had some bloody feathers on him too.. I can't grab him so I can't tend to his wounds, but he seems fine. Today he's been resting alot, not standing up alot, but I think is eating.
    Weird because they both have been on and off the hens since November of last year and they weren't fighting then. I guess it's breeding season?
    So my mom thinks the hens are lesbians because the hens are mounting eachother and doing the cloaca-kiss thing. This is a dominance thing right? [​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    What is your sex ratio? Yes it sounds like breeding season but drakes can be hurt or even killed in these fights if not monitored. Also yes it's a dominance thing.

3. Moochie

Moochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    North Edwards
    Right now it's 10 hens and 1 drake. The rouen drake is with our 'misfit' flock, some silkies and random mutts and breeds. My two silkie roosters don't bother him one bit. My LF rooster flogged him so mom and I quickly removed him from our laying flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by