drakes

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Just Hatch duck, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Just Hatch duck

Just Hatch duck Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2017
    hello,
    i have a drake around 4-5 months old he has a bit of a limp but there s nothing i can do about it he was born with it and I've put him with my two ducks that are 1 year and 2 months old and i'm hoping for them breed and its been a month and they still haven't breed and i don't have an idea why is it because he's too young?

2. Just Hatch duck

Jan 31, 2017
    also please note he's only just getting his proper feathers he's a kaki campbell and my females are a kaki and a pekin

3. Ducks4us

Ducks4us Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2015
    North Idaho
    He is too young prob. They start sexually maturing 5-6 months or sometimes longer. Does his leg have a deformity? I wouldnt breed him if he does. It could be something that would pass on to the ducklings

4. Krazyquilts

Krazyquilts Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

I agree.

5. Just Hatch duck

Jan 31, 2017
    hello,
    its not a disorder when he was hatching from the incubator he fell a bit on his leg and now his leg is slanted, but anyway he is too young when do you think he will be ready to mate (he's actually just getting his green face)
    cheers

6. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

He will breed once he is fully mature....His Hormones need to be in high gear....;)

Once he gets started you will be wishing he would take a break...lol...:).....

It should start soon....:)

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by