Drawing on eggs

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by BBUTTER, Mar 24, 2012.

1. BBUTTER

BBUTTER Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Louisiana
    I've seen pictures of eggs that look to have been decorated with a sharpie. They had faces drawn on them. I would think that if you did that to a raw egg, it woudn't be good to eat. Am I right? If so, what can I use to draw on an egg that would still leave the egg edible?

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Chinese pencil (You know the waxy kinds that peel to reveal a new tip) work very well for drawing on eggs. I use them to mark my incubator eggs. The wax doesn't go through the shell like sharpie does.

3. urban escapee

urban escapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    I have been looking for the Chinese pencils, any recommendations on where to find them?

4. consciousvoice63

consciousvoice63 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    Mission Hills
    You can try finding them at Micheal's Arts and Crafts store. Visit their website to find a store near to you. Hopefully there's a residential store in your area. Good luck!

5. urban escapee

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    there is a Michaels close by, I will check them out when I am in town next week.

6. urban escapee

Jul 14, 2011
    Alvin, TX
    I found them at Hobby Lobby, but boy did I have to look, there were only 2 pks on the shelf mixed in with all the graphite pencils, calligraphy pens, and color pencils, I almost gave up. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by