Dream about my mother

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, May 19, 2011.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    OK go ahead psycho analyze this..... It was too clear to ignore but I am not getting the message. My mother has been dead for over 15 years.

I dreamt we were in a doctor's waiting room. I know we were waiting for some one else when we learned that they were going to have to have chemo. My mother rolled her eyes in impatience and said, "Geez what a pain that is going to be. How inconvenient this will be." She would never react like that to some one else's bad news. I figure she was telling me whoever it is will be OK?????? Don't know who the person was though.

Then we were in an apartment that my mother and I never shared. She was sleeping in my bed and I was pretty annoyed with her over it. She mumbled something about how she had started work on tis room and I could sleep in the barco-lounger. Now, I would never use that term and we never had one of those growing up. But, in the dream I went into the room and there was snow and slush on the floor. The room was trashed and the ceiling was partially caved in. I started picking at the floor and it was peeling up. I was really annoyed and concerned. I didn't know what to do but I did not want to go wake her again. But, I kept thinking this is an apartment the worst of these expenses are on the landlord.

I haven't dreamt of her in quite a while and it always means something when I do..... The first one seems pretty clear I am just dreading finding out who the person is though last night I dreamt it was me. I dreamt I was in the doctor's office and he was telling me I was going to need chemo. So, I am scheduling a doctor's appt. I promise! What does the rest mean??

2. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    OK I made an appointment for a mammogram for tomorrow!

But there is more there.... help me out!

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    When you get home from your Dr's visit, a busted water pipe will greet you with lots of water gushing out the door. A tree will be laying accross your roof, opening it up to the sky. The roof will be caved in and the room will be trashed. [​IMG]

No, really I have no idea why you are dreaming about your Mother. I hope the Dr sets your mind at ease with a good report. The above house castrophies are what happened to me in real life on 2 seperate occasions. [​IMG] I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but it was too similar to pass up making a joke out of it. Sending hugs [​IMG] and tell your brain to settle down at night so you can get some rest.

4. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    The real question is why you are asking us? Don't you teach psyche?

Do you put much faith in what dreams are saying?

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The only thing that comes to mind is that perhaps there is someone in your life right now acting or doing things out of character. Your mother may not represent herself, but representing someone doing something or acting in a way that they normally wouldn't. I would look around you and think of the people of significance... anyone acting unlike their usual selves or doing something out of character?

I would also add that perhaps you are worrying about things that others around you don't seem too concerned about, or aren't acknowledging.

I'm no expert, but that's just what comes to mind when I read your post.

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:Hey Dunk - no I teach Sociology. I don't usually pay dream much mind, but this one is bothering me like something I can't see in focus. I feel like there is something there I am missing.

I'll let you all know how it goes today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by