Dreamed my chickens laid eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by KDOGG331, Mar 11, 2016.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Title says it, I had a dream my chickens laid eggs.

I can't remember what else the dream was about but they were free ranging and there was an oval of eggs on the ground I'd put there and I was trying to get the best pictures to show the colors and even though it was daytime I tried putting flash on but it washed some of the colors out. It was VERY realistic.

And there was brown and maybe even some white. I don't even have white egg layers.

And the Easter Eggers laid a BEAUTIFUL green, really light olive color. And then I picked it up and turns out it was way darker on the other side and the other egg was the same and one had a lighter color tip where the color faded and one had the same but a smaller spot.

Then of course it turned into the design was on water bottles and the design was falling off....

BUT STILL.

It was so realistic up to that point!! And now I'm sad because my girls are only 20 weeks and not near laying :hit :hit :hit :hit

Although a few days ago I noticed an Australorps wattles were really red so hoping soon..

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Anybody else ever dream about this or inpatiently wait? Was a cruel dream.

Oh and also in the dream I wasn't sure if we should eat the first ones or for some reason i had then on medicated food again or the pen was dirtier than usual? But my dad thought we should.

IM TELLIN YA IT COULD HAVE ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  3. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Putting in my fake eggs today

4. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm getting so inpatient [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Jujubara

Jujubara Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    Western Mass
    Lol, you must be thinking about eggs a lot! The red comb is an indication that they will lay soon. I have a Mottled Cochin that (we think) isn't laying yet. She is around 10 months old and just matured during the winter months. Our Buff Brahma Bantam just started a couple weeks ago. I'm guessing they'll be laying you nice eggs in no time at all. Especially with the longer days.

6. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts

Lol I guess so! And also that day or the day before my brother asked when they're gonna start laying cause he says we gotta get some productivity out of those things and he was gonna make chicken salad LOL and awww hope she starts laying and that mine don't take that long! And I sure hope so!! They hatched in October so any day now hopefully! She went in the coop and watched me put the eggs in the boxes

7. Jujubara

Jujubara Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    Western Mass
    I can't remmeber if you told me before but what breed(s) do you have?

8. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts

Not sure if I did or not either haha but I have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers.

9. gizzyntaz

gizzyntaz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2015
    My girls just started last week a day before their 23 week birthday. They are all squatting and we have confirmed 7/9 are laying (the other two are our smallest and may be, but haven't seen them). I bet you'll be getting eggs soon! I did a lot of scolding in those last weeks, but really it was the extra light and recent warmth that really got them started. The first week we got 8 eggs. This week we've gotten 27!!! It goes quick!

10. gizzyntaz

gizzyntaz Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2015
    Oh, and my 2 EEs that are laying are my most reliable!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by