I have to admit I'm going a little crazy here. Last year hubby and I bought a house where we are now. We disagreed, he has never lived in the country, so was really nervous of septic systems. We wound up buying a outdated house that is in a subdivision in the country on 1/3 of an acre. We can have any animals that fit on our parcel if we are okay with being the jerk neighbors... and they can go in the front yard (jerk wolf dog!)! It's not ideal! Not to mention hubby's job decided they were moving right after we bought (and why we bought). I'm looking up moving to other places like a crazy lady! I have spent way to many HOURS on landwatch.com! I've been looking in areas my husband would consider moving (he is a momma's/daddies boy and won't move far from them). Then if I see something in the price range I want to stay in that I like then I'll look for a opening in his field nearby, if there is nothing I move on! In his prime pick location I found something! It would mean about an hour commute to work (but he would work 4 days a week, longer hours). The property also is overpriced IMO. There is no house on the property, but there is a building I think might be convertable! It's a barn that features a 400 sq ft apartment, TINY! I'm going crazy! I've never seen this place other than online and I'm already looking up comps to try to get the price down (I mean really its land with an outbuilding...) and I'm pricing how much a conversion would cost. I've drawn a rough layout based on the estimated sq ft of the whole building. I've priced some materials and estimated costs on labor etc on things I would probably need to pay someone else to do! I've even looked at our savings accounts to figure out how much money we have to do things right away to make the situation liveable. This place is on over 10 acres which is PERFECT! I'm not super crazy about another remodel because here is our current house projects over the last year: http://thenewdaybringshope.blogspot.com/2015/01/2014-diy-home-improvements.html It's a great before and after shot, but a LOT of work. I'd have to get the price down 20% off list or more, and we don't have jobs there yet... and I've been completely planning things out. I also would have to get an inspection, building codes, permits etc. I'm going crazy... I can't wait to escape to the country!