Dreaming of next years birds.....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jack & mommy's duckies, Nov 20, 2010.

1. jack & mommy's duckies

jack & mommy's duckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    As winter is drawing near (I live in Ontario, Canada) I can't help to start dreaming of and looking for the birds I want to add to my flock next year. I want to bring in new blood lines from where ever I can...hoping to ship in eggs and chicks. I just can't wait for next year. Sighhhh I need the sun shine to come back and the incubator to be running again.

Right now I have:
    Cayuga ducks
    Ausie spots....they are not pure but I love them just the same
    African Geese

I want to add:
    Welsh Harliquin
    Runner ducks...colour I dont' know

What do you think I should get into???? I love rare birds.....just a little harder to find.

2. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    jack & mommy's duckies :

As winter is drawing near (I live in Ontario, Canada) I can't help to start dreaming of and looking for the birds I want to add to my flock next year. I want to bring in new blood lines from where ever I can...hoping to ship in eggs and chicks. I just can't wait for next year. Sighhhh I need the sun shine to come back and the incubator to be running again.

ditto [​IMG]
    Spring and new babies, I can hardly wait. Hurry, hurry spring, get here fast! [​IMG]
    I only have OEGB but there are soooo many colors that I don't have yet.
    Ducks are just too messy for my small coop so I can only dream of them. Then I go get my duck fix at my sisters, she has call ducks. They are so friendly, I just love them. I've heard that runners are alot of fun to watch also.​

3. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    jack & mommy's duckies :

Right now I have:
    Cayuga ducks
    Ausie spots....they are not pure but I love them just the same
    African Geese

I want to add:
    Welsh Harliquin
    Runner ducks...colour I dont' know

What do you think I should get into???? I love rare birds.....just a little harder to find.

What did the ausie spots cross with? I must be something not on your list.​

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    heres my list [​IMG]

Chickens:

Golden Neck Duccle
    Blue Mille Fleur Duccle
    Black Copper Duccle
    Buff laced Sebright
    Sultan
    ^ ALL BANTAMS [​IMG]

Ducks:

CALL DUCKS [​IMG]
    Magpie
    Silky Bantam Duck

Geese:

American Blue
    Lavendar Ice
    Pomeranian
    White Tuffed Roman
    Tufted Buff

Not sure if i'll get most of them but its worth a try! [​IMG]

5. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    I love my WH, and i cant wait till spring, so my ducks can start layig, i think thats long enough..i thinnk that you should get blue runners..i think thats what they are called!! [​IMG]

6. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Ohhhhhhh I know just how you feel. I'm not so much into keeping the more exotic stuff, I don't know much about them except they're beautiful! But I'm adding some Metzer Runners (blue, black, chocolate and fawn & white) and 3 of their French Toulouse Geese in the spring. I said last year that I'd never brood another duckling, and well, we all knew I was lying to myself. [​IMG] Come on spring!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    More Call ducks! Getting some eggs from duckluck in the spring-already got on her waiting list. Getting Chocolate and Self-Blacks from her.
    Also hatching out some White Calls from the gorgeous little flock I got from Scott!
    I can't wait for baby Call ducklings!

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Can't go wrong with Welsh Harlequins. Their eggs sure are yummy and their antics are so entertaining.

9. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:Wifezilla, Snakeman says thanks for reminding me [​IMG].. I want some WH's and some Saxony too![​IMG]

10. jack & mommy's duckies

jack & mommy's duckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Quote:What did the ausie spots cross with? I must be something not on your list.

I got them from a new ducky friend....from what is posted on here people think they are crossed heavily with calls. But hey they are so pretty and funny I don't care.

My hubby loves birds that look like wild birds. He is the one that wants the WH the most...I want them to so funny.

Big Dreamer...how funny you say about runners. I've kinda been looking at them too. I need to do a little search on the colours I want. But that is another thought also.

I sure do love the rare stuff...but so hard to find. Canada doesn't have many and it is so hard to ship up from the states.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by