Dressed 15 Week Old CornishX Pullet Today

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ghulst, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I dressed a 15 week old cornishX pullet today. It dressed 9.5 lbs. I have 3 cockerals waiting for Thanksgiving. Any guesses how much they will weigh in 4 weeks? These chicks I took home from the hatchery they were over runs. I like to experment so I feed them 21% chick starter the first 4 weeks and then put them on 17% mash. I also started them on a little whole corn at that time plus grit. At 8 weeks they went on a 12% protein feed mix. The 3 cockerals are now on a 10% protein diet. They sure look very nice. They stay alot cleaner with the lower protein feed.I lower the protein by adding w]hole corn to the mash. They love the corn better then the mash.[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15188_chicken_002.jpg[/URL][/img
    How should I cook it??????

2. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    [​IMG]
    Hope this works.

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    NICE job, she looks delicious! If it were me I would make that a nice baked Sunday dinner with all the trimmings!!! We butcherd 23 a couple of months ago and savor evey morsel! Just make sure to rest the bird for optimal tenderness!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Is that a can of sprite zero? Shame on you.... [​IMG]

5. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Forgot to mention... the bird looks great too. Personally I would deep fry it like a turkey... inject it with some cajun and spices. [​IMG]

Let us know how you cook it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by