1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Dressed 15 Week Old CornishX Pullet Today

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by ghulst, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ghulst

ghulst Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I dressed a 15 week old cornishX pullet today. It dressed 9.5 lbs. I have 3 cockerals waiting for Thanksgiving. Any guesses how much they will weigh in 4 weeks? These chicks I took home from the hatchery they were over runs. I like to experment so I feed them 21% chick starter the first 4 weeks and then put them on 17% mash. I also started them on a little whole corn at that time plus grit. At 8 weeks they went on a 12% protein feed mix. The 3 cockerals are now on a 10% protein diet. They sure look very nice. They stay alot cleaner with the lower protein feed.I lower the protein by adding w]hole corn to the mash. They love the corn better then the mash.[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15188_chicken_002.jpg[/URL][/img
    How should I cook it??????

2. ghulst

ghulst Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    [​IMG]
    Hope this works.

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    NICE job, she looks delicious! If it were me I would make that a nice baked Sunday dinner with all the trimmings!!! We butcherd 23 a couple of months ago and savor evey morsel! Just make sure to rest the bird for optimal tenderness!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  4. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Songster

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Is that a can of sprite zero? Shame on you.... [​IMG]

5. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Songster

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    Forgot to mention... the bird looks great too. Personally I would deep fry it like a turkey... inject it with some cajun and spices. [​IMG]

Let us know how you cook it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by