Drew County 4-H Poultry Club: Monticello, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by HallFamilyFarm, Feb 4, 2011.

1. I am a member of Drew County 4-H Poultry Club!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am a leader/parent of Drew County 4-H Poultry Club!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I am a 4-H Club member! (But not this club)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I was a 4-H Club member as a youth!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am a 4-H Club member's parent!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am a 4-H Club Leader! (But not this club)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I am a County Extensition Service Agent/Employee.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the Drew County 4-H Poultry Club thread on BYC. Everyone is welcome, but our members are encouraged to join BYC and join in the fun!

Drew County 4-H Poultry Club -- Monticello, Arkansas

Adult Leader: Jim Hall aka Jim's Farm Stand

Co-leader: Julie G. aka juliechick

President: Matthew S.
    VP: Joshua R.
    Secretary: Jennifer S.
    Reporter: Bree L.
    Photographer: Bree L.
    Song Leaders: Jennifer & Bree

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Well, today is Friday, February 4, 2011. It is a snow day! Kids are all home from school. So I thought I would start a thread on BYC for our 4H Club members. Now I have to send an email to them announcing this thread. Any topic is okay to post. But lets try to keep it on the subject or our 4-H Club and poultry. Hope everyone enjoys their snow day!

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    We could post some pics of the chickens we show. Here's Noah (club V.P.) with his Barred Rock Bantam:
    [​IMG]

And here is Ethan with his Modern Game Bantam at a show:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Noah also has a couple Orp. bantams:
    [​IMG]

4. bhall

bhall New Egg

Feb 4, 2011
    Whats up!!! My Name is Brenae. I am a member of the Drew County 4-H Poultry Club. I am so the president of the Drew County 4-H Poultry Club. Well, I better go feed and check up on my birds and my silkies!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Julie, The drumsticks on that third photo looks nice! Fried chicken anyone?

6. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Quote:Brenae is on the right. The other girl is the granddaughter of cowboygourmet. Photo taken at the Arkansas State Fair, October 2010. Both did real well in showmanship!
    [​IMG]

7. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    The monthly meeting of the Drew County 4-H Poultry Club will be this Tuesday, February 8 at 6:00 PM. We meet at the Oak Grove Assembly of God church, on the corner of Oakland and Winchester. Every one is welcome to attend.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  8. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Dr. Jason Cater Special Guest at Drew County 4-H Poultry & Livestock Club Meeting
    Local veterinarian Jason Cater, DVM will be the guest speaker at this month’s meeting of the Drew County 4-H Poultry & Livestock Club. Dr. Cater is also the president of the Desha/Drew Cattlemen’s Association. He will be speaking on the topic of “Starting a Cattle Project” and will be answering questions concerning cattle and small livestock. Admission is free. Please RSVP to club leader Jim Hall @ 870/723-3724 if you would like to attend. The meeting will be held Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM. Join us at the Workforce Training Center, across from Young’s BBQ.
    4-H Clubs are open to all eligible persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (large print, audiotapes, etc.) should notify the county Extension office as soon as possible prior to the club meeting. Contact the Drew County Cooperative extension office at 870-460-6270.

Attendees are encouraged to bring snacks to share.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by