Drinking water for my chicks

urbanhatch

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 6, 2008
New York
I am in NYC and have limited space. I have several small breeds and need a good solid way that my chicks can drink, fresh, clean water. I bought a typical water bottle that is used for rabbits or guinea pigs. I was a bit reluctant, but when I placed it in the cage, my chicks drank from it instantly. 5 weeks later it is a dream come true.
No mess, no worry about dirty water. I wish someone had suggested this to me from the beginning.
Damn, chickens are smart animals. If you are like me and need a good water supply, try it. They come in different sizes. My chicks have fresh clean water every day
smile.png

And, BTW, should you forget to change the water for one day, who cares, it is still fresh and clean.

normal_055.JPG

How great is that
smile.png
I love them to have good clean water. I am happy that you found it alo. Plus it is inexpensive.

That's what I have in the coop. I have a regular waterer outside in their run but it gets dirty so quickly! Maybe I'll get a few more bottles for outside...though I suppose they'll freeze in the winter.

Yep, used that for chicks till they were ready to range and drink from outdoor waterer's. Didn't work with the turkeys. They never got the whole, press beak on tip and drink. Noooo... it was slam face and beak into tip, try to swallow metal tube, empty the bottle on the floor and then try to drink shavings....

I use the pop bottle conversion thinkgys. It fits over a soda bottle but it gies them a 1" tough to drink out of. They had no trouble figuring it out, but they haven't figured out how to poop in it yet. I just wish they were easier to find.

I'd love to have one of those hooked up to a 3 gallon tank! My chickens drink ALL THE TIME and in the summer (I'm in Phoenix) they seem to be drinking constantly.

Time to go to the pet store and figure out how I'm going to rig the bottom of one of those to a larger receptacle.

Unless someone knows about where they would sell a larger one.

I bought several different sizes from Petland Discounts here in NY. They have one that you can attach a liter soda bottle to it. Works great. I am in NY so we have Petland all over town. You can try their website for descriptions and prices.

First of all, I would love to live in Phoenix. But it is dry there. My chicks get greens each day, Brown rice with supplements, and we have four seasons. Guess it is very dry there. Just put up some extra Waterers
smile.png
Easy for me to say
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom