Driveway "campsite"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by louie2037, Sep 21, 2012.

1. louie2037

louie2037 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Western, New York
    [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Very nice!! [​IMG]

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Saves on gas! Excellent plan! [​IMG]

4. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

This reminded me someone rented a large (and I do mean large) old concrete block barn that a guy and not been using since retiring from farming and the farmer had a concrete pad next to it, electric and water there also the renters built a carport big enough to park their large pull behind trailer under and the other half they enclosed it with screening and had 2 doors on the trailer side that made it easy to enter/exit the RV and one door toward the end near the truck. they installed a small septic (in the county they got it cheap since there is little zoning and just mostly had to deal with state/fed rules for it) they set up a washer/dryer in the barn along with a small kitchen and bath done kinda on the cheap, non-winterized had to turn off a water heater and drain it and the water/sewer lines to keep them from freezing while not in use during the winter. Just barely got a glance due to a flat tire and used their driveway to traffic concerns on a highway.

But I'd like to see more pics of your set up to see if any ideas could be used if friends and family come in such large numbers I could set up something for them using hook ups and other things so I could allow them to park in my driveway instead of having them use a motel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by