Driveway "campsite"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by louie2037, Sep 21, 2012.

1. louie2037

louie2037 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2012
    Western, New York
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Very nice!! [​IMG]
  3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Saves on gas! Excellent plan! [​IMG]
  4. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

This reminded me someone rented a large (and I do mean large) old concrete block barn that a guy and not been using since retiring from farming and the farmer had a concrete pad next to it, electric and water there also the renters built a carport big enough to park their large pull behind trailer under and the other half they enclosed it with screening and had 2 doors on the trailer side that made it easy to enter/exit the RV and one door toward the end near the truck. they installed a small septic (in the county they got it cheap since there is little zoning and just mostly had to deal with state/fed rules for it) they set up a washer/dryer in the barn along with a small kitchen and bath done kinda on the cheap, non-winterized had to turn off a water heater and drain it and the water/sewer lines to keep them from freezing while not in use during the winter. Just barely got a glance due to a flat tire and used their driveway to traffic concerns on a highway.

But I'd like to see more pics of your set up to see if any ideas could be used if friends and family come in such large numbers I could set up something for them using hook ups and other things so I could allow them to park in my driveway instead of having them use a motel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by