Drooling over these appliances...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Cara, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    cool! they have a wood burning cooking stove on there! i didn't know anyone still made those!

a friend of me and the dh still has an old stove like the 'Classic' in her 1920's home. works wonderfully well for it's age!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  3. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I want one!! [​IMG]

I love retro kitchen appliances.

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Check out Macrobazar.com. Yes, they still make and sell wood cook stoves and heaters. They are made in Mexico from the original molds. Macrobazar ships all over Mexico and the US. They have a warehouse in El Paso, and they probably are a lot cheaper than that glitzy company.

Last year I set up my mother's old stove on the patio. It had been in storage for over fifty years. It is the one she brought from Chihuahua. I had trouble finding the stove pipe and fittings. None of the local hardware stores had them. It turns out that the old snap tight stove pipes are now illegal.

Make sure you can acquire the pipes, dampers and other fittings before you purchase the stove.

And yes, they are still making copies of my mother's old stove.

Rufus

5. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    Check out BYC's member "frugal"posts-he has posted his stove in allot of his threads.

6. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    I love their appliances too. When we get ready to build our log home, I'm doing the kitchen with those. Frugal had mentioned Heartland to me sometime back in another post about cookstoves. They do a beautiful job.

We have an actual turn of the century cookstove in our farnhouse. (My grandfather helped us 'shop' for it used about 15 yrs ago.) When we build, our farmhouse will be used for farm business and as a guesthouse. So we'll leave our that stove in the farmhouse kitchen. Here's a pic
    [​IMG]

We're getting ready to cook pork & sauerkraut in the oven, a pot of blackeye peas and a pot of collards on the back of the stove for New Year's today.

I'll check out Macrobazar.com. A little shopping can't hurt!

7. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    You might find this link interesting ~~ Lehman's Non-Electric Catalog (I get a kick out of the fact that the non-electric place has a website !)

http://www.lehmans.com/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by