Drooping hen's eye

FlorenceA

Hatching
May 25, 2023
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum as I was hoping someone could help me with an issue with one of my hybrid hens, Sabrina. 3 or so weeks ago, noticed her eye had drooped and could see this little black dot under it. However, research has been no use to me and I haven't found anything that makes sense for her to have, other than mycoplasma, but she has no other symptoms and it hasn't got any worse in 3 weeks since I noticed it. She is happy and healthy in all other aspects (eating well, consistent weight, drinking, normal dropping, putting bantams in their place! etc.). Laying wise, she is quite elderly so doesn't lay regularly anyway. I have used saline solution regularly on the eye. She is free range so often wild birds fly into our area, however, we are in the UK and have only been able to let chickens outside in the last month, hence the concern of something respiratory. None of my other hens have been affected at all, however, I do have a rooster who has had a round of conjunctivitis/eye infection which has recently cleared up. Anyone who has experienced similar or can point me in the right direction of diagnosis/treatment is greatly appreciated!
02D2AC81-8A53-414C-AF2D-BEDCDAB94C54.jpeg

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. This is a great place to explore and hang out.
It would be a help to see the eye natural compared to the other one.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. This is a great place to explore and hang out.
It would be a help to see the eye natural compared to the other one.
Hi, thank you :) I will take another pic when she has gone to roost (not very friendly..!). However, without my finger there, her eye doesn't look too different and droops the same amount without any pressure applied.

Back
Top Bottom