1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Droopy chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kkowa, Aug 2, 2013.

1. kkowa

kkowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    Wisconson
    I have a 2 week old polish chick growing supper fast then she just started going down hill drinks water but wont eat and she then just randomly falls over asleep. she also has little to no energy. I have been giving her electrolytes 2 times a day with yogurt along with in the water. she is under a heat lamp what else can I do what could this possibly be? any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you

2. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    Look up information on Coccidiosis. Cocci is a parasitic infection of the intestinal tract,spread by droppings which get into feed/water via droppings. Some symptoms are runny/watery poop(may or may not contain blood,depends on which of the 9 strains it is)fluffed feathers,lethargic,weight loss,not eating/drinking properly. If symptoms match,purchase Corid(amprolium)dose for Corid 20 % powder is 1/2 tsp per gallon of water,dose for Corid 9.6% liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Treat ALL chicks for 5 days,do not give vitamins during treatment(interferes with medication)give vitamins after treatment is complete.

3. kkowa

kkowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    Wisconson
    I only have the one chick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by