Droopy wing in 6 week old

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by emjay, Sep 16, 2010.

1. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Just noticed this morning, one of the 8 chicks has a slightly droopy wing. She is acting normal, she was flapping them around, but, when in normal state it droops a bit. I have read similar threads, all with sad outcome where the chick dies. This is my last wyandotte pullet from my favorite hen that died late summer.

I did just move them to the bigger side of the coop, I'm wondering if she got hurt flying up and about in the new area.

2. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    the chicks were on medicated feed for 6 weeks. Haven't noticed any icky poo. She looks healthy. I'm hoping it's just a booboo.

3. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    I picked her up , she's quite fine the flap her wings frantically. she looks a bit swollen in the shoulder joint. red inflamed, a bit.

she is still acting fine , just a bit of a droopy wing. I think she must have got hurt a bit ??

anyone???

4. ModernGame

ModernGame New Egg

Sep 15, 2010
    sounds like she just hurt it... it should heal. if its red and puffy then its likely nor Mareks. keep an eye on it, get some vitamins in there water...you should be OK

5. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    thankyou, I was hoping someone, would come on and reassure me that I need not be paranoid, haha.

I am going to add some vitamin supplement to their water in the am.

I will be keeping an eye on her, they all seem very full of life. so, am thinking she just hurt it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by