Droopy wings on 5 week old mallard

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bayouchica, Jun 3, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    They free range now & have plenty of pools & flock raisier.The one in question has energy,eats good & is feathering out like the others.I just don't know why it's doing that.They don't drag the ground,just don't stay tucked in like the others.
    It's been very hot here. I refresh their water several times a day,so what's going on ? [​IMG]

Thanks,Miriam [​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    It could be the weather is affecting him. It is too late in his life for angel wing.
    Or if he is getting his big biy feathers in they are filled with blood and are heavy.
    If he seems healthy in all other respects, just keep an eye on him. He should be better soon!

Oh, my ducks say that a little watermelon or Cheerios will do wonders for his wings. [​IMG]

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:I don't know about his wing but it could sure help me right now.

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    LOL [​IMG]
    Thanks,Terrie Yall don't want to know how much I've been spending on watermelons [​IMG] I've got some planted should be ready around July. I can't resist getting the animals some,when it's so hot out.Where did spring go???
    I'll have to get them some Cheerios [​IMG]
    Thanks again,Miriam [​IMG]

5. raindrop

raindrop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Western Oregon
    Couple of my ducklings' wings did that around that age. It was gone by 7 weeks once the flight feathers were grown in and not so heavy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by