Drop Offs, the Unexpected, and the down right strange

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Alot of people have had animals dropped off at their homes, or babies that no one had a clue about , or even weird animals found in the yard r on the porch.

Well....

I want to see em!

If youve ever had on of these , post your pics!
Tell us if you kept them and ever regretted it.

Im sort of trying to convince my mom to let me get a pet from the HA or local rescues since they need help, and I thought id start a post about people who were unexpected rescuers!

We had someone leave a cat and a bowl of wet food (so she would stick around until we got home) on our front porch years ago. We suspect it was a nephew who was leaving town that day. We named the sweetie pie Francesca and found her a good home. We might have kept her if we were not having trouble feeding what we had already.

As for a rescue pet - rescued pets KNOW that they are rescued an are very grateful. They make the best pets. Good luck with mom.

We've had people 'give' us dogs when we were asleep. Some of the best ones we've had over the years have been the best. We have one now that we think is a blue heeler/australian shepherd mix. He is a very good dog. We also had someone 'give' us a bantam rooster. We got him in the pen with the other chickens. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post though.

The dog in my avatar is Lily. We rescued her from the Humane Society. We love her.

Last edited:
well my husband is on his way home now with a rescue someone dumped on an aquaintance's property we went there 2 weeks ago and back yesterday and today called him and he said please take it is Great pyrenses possibly mix but looks like it make be FUll Blood yippee and the dog adores my kids already as they went with us and were loving all over it even the scary cat 2 year old. Will post pictures tomorrow.

I found a ferret in my chicken pen.. I guess someone let him go or he escaped from someones house. idk But we kept him for 2 yrs untill he had to be put down due to cancer.

Im sorry to hear that
sad.png
I dont personally own ferret ( i have rats) but ive babysat a few and they are so much fun! Im sorry for your loss, but at least he had a good life till the end
smile.png

Yes he did, he loved this paste stuff that you get from petsmart that is made of sugar and vitiams and comes out of a toothpaste looking container. well we called it "ferret crack" because he was addicted to it. The day he stopped eating it is the day we knew to take him to the vet.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Several years ago I was a house rental manager for local re company and some people were moving and tried to give me their cat, I said no, and about a week later she showed up on my deck! When I was doing the final move out inspection, I asked those people innocently where their cat was and they said they gave her to some people up the road, riiight............!! We just loved her, spayed her after her kittens were born and kept her for years!

Back
Top Bottom