Dropped an egg on day 14? :(

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mochicken, Dec 1, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Songster

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I was setting some of my Tibetan eggs for lockdown and I accidentally dropped one [​IMG] it busted in half and there was a fully formed chick in it, breathing and moving but the yolk was still there not absorbed

The chick is small obviously but is there any chance it will survive? I set it back in the incubator thinking that I would give it a chance overnight, not really hurting anything by trying is there?

2. mochicken

mochicken Songster

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Well no worries folks it died, I feel like crap, I truly love hatching birds and consider each one of my hatches like a lil friend and I really let this lil one down. I guess it just goes to show that I need to use extra caution with the quail eggs because they are so tiny.

Also on a side note, this WAS one of the eggs I had refrigerated for 2 days and incubated as a test, I have 3 more of the test eggs and I will let you guys know how they turn out

3. Jay262

Jay262 Songster

Apr 21, 2009
    Good luck and dont be to hard on yourself it happens to the best of us.

4. cva34

cva34 Songster

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Quote:X-2 on that...cva34

5. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Songster

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Quote:X3 I have done it myself, font be to hard on yourself

6. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Quote:X3 I have done it myself, font be to hard on yourself

X4, so sorry, accidents are always going to happen though, all we can do is learn! [​IMG] Hope the rest turn out ok! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by