Dropped and cracked an egg, HELP!

artathart

Songster
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
I was candling and I dropped an egg on the table Stupid butter fingers!!!! Well it didnt break all the way but has a nice spliting crack in it. Baby is still moving around inside. I read somewhere to put wax on the crack???

*Updated to show WAX repair

eggwax008.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same thing a while back and candle waxed it. The chick hatched just fine. The crack was small, though, and I really built the wax up so it wouldn't over-soften and come off in the incubator. Another poster on here also cracked an egg candling and put duct tape over it. When he/she posted (can't remember who it was) the egg was pipping but the duct tape was hard to get off.

wax will do the job. you must ack fast if the chick starts suckin air bones will develope and most likely have leg or toe problems

Quote:
I am nto sure if I acted fast enough. I have him/her all waxed up but it took about 20 mins to melt the wax and cover all the cracks. I hope my egg surgery will protect him/her. I did my very best.

Quote:
I will!!! I started with 26 eggs and I am down to 11 with two being possible quiters so every egg matters!!!!!

Quote:
Thanks!!! I am very optomistic. I am going to candle in a little while and make sure he/she is still moving around.

Back
Top Bottom