Dropping pans??

Discussion in 'Quail' started by TedJan92_in_Idaho, Dec 13, 2011.

1. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Anyone have stacked cages where you are using dropping pans. If so what are you using. I want to use a shed I built and stack cages 3 or 4 high. need to keep the ones on the lower levels from the raining poop.

2. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    culinary sheet trays, they are probably about...2"x3", or the oil catch trays that they sell at stores, large metal trays

edit: something like this

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  3. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I use cheap walmart cookie sheets, I believe they are 9"x18", I built a wood shelf are that I can sit them on, they are non stick so they wash easy too, I usually rinse them when I dump them out, since I line them with pine chips it typically doesnt even need rinsed. I think I paid a couple bucks each and I have 8 of them currently, It only takes 4 of them to do the job for my setup so I usually just swap them out so nobody gets pooped on lol

4. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    would making cleaning a breeze if you had some "sheet tray liners" they are pretty much parchment paper that fits perfectly in the pan, not sure of the price, but we get about 500 in a box at work

5. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    These are 3 ft x8ft cages. I would like about 3 trays per cage but don't want to break the bank. Lightweight aluminum sheets would be nice

6. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    You could take some 1/4" particle board and top it with plastic sheets, that way you just have to take the plastic and throw it away and start with new plastic or you could take it out over the clothes line and clean it and reuse it

7. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    I think I'm going to go through BASS when I build my pens. I like the professional look of the galv. pans and BASS will make custom sizes for a fair price.

8. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    I use Blitz Oil drip pans 25"X36" Auto Zone here $9.99 . Most auto parts carry them...cva34

9. TedJan92_in_Idaho

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    Quote:How tall are they?

10. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I found some black plastic All-Purpose Trays at the Dollar Tree store(yep, dollar each). If you have a Dollar Tree, these may work for you. Size is 13 x 22 and about 3/4 inch in depth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by