1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Droste chocolate apples?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EHaus, Dec 8, 2010.

1. EHaus

EHaus Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2010
    Anchorage
    When I was a kid growing up in New Jersey, we would each get a chocolate apple in our stockings made of the most delicious, silky smooth Dutch chocolate, made by a company named Droste. I thought it would be a nice tradition to keep going, but I have been having trouble finding them, even on the internet! Does anyone on here know of a place where I can order these? I live in Alaska...they'd have to be shipped.

2. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    The only places I found that sold Droste chocolate oranges and apples said 'discontinued'. Looks like Terry's has taken over that part of the chocolate industry. I'll keep looking, though.

All that I can find in specialty chocolates in that shape - http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=View+All&SCID=View+All&CollectionID=DC0000113&SiteNum=0&SourceCode=10650000002&Affid=12&PaidKeyword=chocolate%20slices

Droste
    seems to have dropped back to pastilles and bars, for the moment. I hope someone else can help you. I used to get those Droste chocolate oranges!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I posted something like this last year. DH LOVES Droste apples. I quit finding them a few years ago and have looked everywhere, no luck.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
  5. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    good find!!! [​IMG]

6. EHaus

Aug 12, 2010
    Anchorage
    I just sent an email to Droste, and I hope they reply. I asked if they really had discontinued the apples, and if not, where I might be able to find them. There just isn't a chocolate like Droste! At least, not from what I can remember. I checked out the bulk candy...I'll send an email to see how much I have to buy. I only want 4 apples, lol! And if they've been discontinued, how old are the apples they're selling?!

7. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Let me know what they say if you dont mind. I would probably order a dozen if I could afford them!

8. EHaus

Aug 12, 2010
    Anchorage
    This is what Droste had to say...

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunely we must informed you that the chocolate apple is not any longer in our assortiment.
    Droste do not produce this article anymore.

Kind regards.
    Droste B.V.

This is a sad day.

9. key west chick

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    bummer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by