Drowsy chick with I don't know what. Heat? Pecking order?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChickDaze, Aug 12, 2011.

1. ChickDaze

ChickDaze Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    I went outside today and noticed that my favorite [​IMG] wasn't in the run. i went inside and found her standing still. Since it was hot, i blamed the heat. i also took her to a grassy area and let her loose with a roo to eat some. normally, they go nuts foraging. she wouldn't have anything to do with it., so i let her back in. i started relocating her to cooler places, but she just went back in. she always went back to one part that is isolated. as far as i know, she hasn't eaten or drank anything. i can't tell poop apart with fifteen running around. i went out there later to put them up and she hadn't appeared to have moved. Later, when it was dark, she was still there, and not on a roost. earlier that week, i had found her on the ground in the morning, but that was probobly her being pushed off. i am decently sure she is close to the bottom of the newly placed pecking order. she is an eight week old americauna. Is she sick? Please help! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. ChickDaze

Jun 1, 2011
    thank you for the terrible news. your second pretty much garunteed cocci. i will see if she accepts meal worms. [​IMG] update to come.

4. ChickDaze

Jun 1, 2011
    naturally i get worried when there is nothing to worry about. i let her out side for grass, she made a beeline for it. she was moderately difficult to catch like ususal. all is well in my coop. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by