drunk chickens

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by mrdruids, Jul 29, 2011.

1. mrdruids

mrdruids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2011
    is beer harmful for chickens? im just asking because im curious, anyone ever give some to a chicken?

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I personally would never give an animal alcohol. Ever. I'm sure it may have the possibility to kill them. Just my opinion.

3. mrdruids

Jul 27, 2011
    yea couldnt be good for their lil livers

4. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

2 words: alcohol poisoning

5. Alethea

Alethea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    I wouldn't give them alcohol. They need their little brains to survive in a world full of risks to someone who isn't fast, doesn't fly well and can't see in the dark. I also don't know how they metabolize it and how much would be safe.

6. Memphisjourney2seramas

Memphisjourney2seramas Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    I had a dog that loved beer. not that we would give it to him. You had to guard it with your life, other wise he would knock it off the table to drink it. He would whine and whine until you gave him some..needless to say we switched to mix drinks!

7. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Seen chickens act stupid after eating lots of rotten pears.... Not sur they were drunk, but sure was funny [​IMG]

8. mrdruids

Jul 27, 2011
    i imagine after a beak full or 2 shed stumble around and pass out

9. centrarchid

centrarchid Chicken Obsessed

Sep 19, 2009
    Holts Summit, Missouri
    I have seen drunken cedar waxwings. They behave much like a seriously intoxicated human in they loose quality fliight control and sometimes just lay on ground. Recovery rapid as in minutes. They get intoxicated by consuming fermented berries in fall. Chickens may or may not be able to detect and avoid ethanol laced food.

10. WilsonAcres

WilsonAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Milton
    Ive heard it makes their organs swell..cant remember where I read that but I used to let mine drink wine with me ... I still have to beat her away LOL shes a very refined chicken [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by