Drunk cockerel

CatWhisperer

Crowing
10 Years
Jun 16, 2013
northwest Arkansas
I have an old English cockerel about 4 months old that over the past 4 days has become increasingly uncoordinated. This morning he was stumbling like a drunk. He is also more content to be held than usual and lays his head down on my hand . He lives with 4 2-month old silkie/serama chicks staying indoors at night and out in the garden during the day. I brought him in to live with these chicks when they were only a couple weeks old because he was doing very poor out in the chicken yard. I feed game bird chow and for the last couple weeks they have been getting 24% protein dumor chick feed. He was picking at himself a little yesterday but I could find no external parasites. Any ideas on what the problem is or treatments to try would be appreciated.

Just a question, how large is his comb? I’m not sure what this is medically but I had a cockerel with a comb so large that it fell over on itself and ended up covering up one of his eyes. Because of this, he became very disoriented and would more often than not fall off of roosts and would fall over when walking. He grew out of it and doesn’t have an issue anymore.

Just a question, how large is his comb? I’m not sure what this is medically but I had a cockerel with a comb so large that it fell over on itself and ended up covering up one of his eyes. Because of this, he became very disoriented and would more often than not fall off of roosts and would fall over when walking. He grew out of it and doesn’t have an issue anymore.
He is young, small comb

Back
Top Bottom