Dry cough, hoarse throat....help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LyonFuzz, Jun 16, 2016.

1. LyonFuzz

LyonFuzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    South Lyon, Michigan
    I'm hoping someone can help....I've been so lucky with my flock and have not any issues until now. I have 2 two year old hens that have been "coughing"....sounds dry, but I have noticed them sneezing the last two days. The cough has been going on for about a week and few days. They share their coop with 27 other chickens, none of which are showing any symptoms, but I've separated anyway. Both birds, a speckled Sussex and a Wyandotte, are acting normal...eating, foraging, engaging with me. I feed an organic layer crumble and treats from our table. They also free range. I tried a round of Sulmet in their water and started using Vet Rx yesterday. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. I cannot find one darn bird vet anywhere near me! There's one that agreed to see them about 1 hour away and they admitted that they were not experts with chickens :/ Of course the SS is my kids favorite too. Thanks for any help:)

Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by