Dry hatching

Mo1

In the Brooder
May 4, 2021
Hi My first hatch was not good so I'm trying dry hatching next time. The first bit humidity around 15-30% for the first 18days is ok but raising the humidity to 60-65% for the last few days with my machine is not easy it has long channels which if filled with water raises the humidity to quickly and to high, so I read that a small bottle cap filled with water would be better? My question is once your on lockdown you shouldn't open the machine but I'm not sure the bottle cap of water will last the three days of lockdown and keep the humidity, can I open and use a spray to add a small amount of water maybe which then I wouldn't need to open machine completely. (may machine is a HHD 12 egg Incubator) Sorry hope this makes sense.

Can you add more than one cover, or a mason jar lid, to increase humidity without it going too high? You really don’t want to open the incubator after lockdown. I have on larger incubators and it didn’t matter too much. But it was for short periods of time.

Thank you for replying. I will try a mason jar lid over the week end and see before I get the eggs hopefully it will work just finding very hard to keep the humidity to 60%-65%. After losing my first batch very nervous about doing another one.
Have a good week end.

Back
Top Bottom