Dry heaving 4 month old Buff Orp...past 3 hours?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Phillies Chicks, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Phillies Chicks

Phillies Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2009
    Lincoln University, PA
    my chicken is gagging and won't stop...it looks like it hurts..my hubby says may be she is trying to lay an egg...we are newbies..we brought her in the house to warm her up and it is not stopping. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. lovetocook

lovetocook Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Washington, NJ
    Does she free roam, could she have picked upsomething & gotten it stuck in her throat? Can you see anything?

3. The Chickens' Maid

The Chickens' Maid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    CT
    How is she?

4. Phillies Chicks

Phillies Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2009
    Lincoln University, PA
    we brought her in for the entire weekend..she kept gagging for the first night. It started getting better and better. We think she had food (possibly a pasta noodle stuck). I gave them cooked noodles that day. Needless, to say I will not give them that anymore even tho they love it and never had problems before. I actually read somewhere on this site that chickens like cooked pasta. I gave them the tiny ones, but may be it just got stuck.

we never seen her throw up anything but we are figuring this was the problem. She is flapping her wings and scurring around the pen..seems to be happy and okay now. Thanks for the concern.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by