[Photo shows some of the keets outside the Mama-Heating-Pad, the others are tucked under. The keet in front is "#1", she was running toward me when I snapped this. The water has chick electrolytes and probiotics in it.] Just wanted to pass along my experience. This was just my second hatching ever-- first was chickens earlier this spring from my own chickens. These eggs were shipped guinea fowl eggs, I got the pearl type because I wanted them as close to wild as possible. Had been convinced about the "dry incubation" method, so did that. I added some water to incubator at first, but at first candling 10 days I felt worried about air cell development not being enough so let it dry up. At times the humidity went as low as 20%. Midday on day 23 and 4 eggs were pipped, so took out egg turner and brought up humidity to 75-85%. Day 24 at 8am, 1 keet already hatched overnight, another egg trying to zip but zip patchy, outer membrane very white and dried out looking. Didn't want to dive in but by 4:45 decided to help-- keet was shrinkwrapped but still barely breathing and I felt I should have intervened earlier, nevertheless yolk fully absorbed and chick did great. By 5pm there were 8 chicks hatched. At 6:45pm I realized that there were a number of problematic zips with dried-out outer membranes. I realized then that the dry incubation had been way too dry and that it was looking like no other chicks would hatch unless I took action. I lightly tapped on each one and got a response, sometimes extremely weak. By 9pm I had helped 17 more eggs hatch, and 1 more hatched on her own. All of the eggs I helped were shrink wrapped with the inner membrane dried and stuck down. Most of them unfolded in my hands but I placed all back in the incubator in the remainder of the egg. A few of them needed more time to rest and absorb their yolk and I went to bed unsure if some would perish. 6 eggs had no pips and I candled, no viability indicated but they are still in the incubator. Day 25 at 8am. All 26 keets survived overnight, all the keets I helped (18 total) are doing fine. All are moved to the brooder on porch with a Mama-Heating-Pad. The keets are pretty friendly to me, which I understand is not typical. One keet, the first hatched, wound up with spraddle-leg which I treated with vet-wrap-- now "Number 1" comes to me whenever I approach the brooder and wants to get in my hands. Her legs are doing great but I think I'll leave a band of vetwrap on one leg so I know which one she is. I gave all keets a drop of polyvisol children's vitamins. I just want folks to know to be really careful with the dry incubation method. I think it's awfully easy to wind up over-drying the eggs, especially with early pips, but I believe that the drying out was a result of low-humidity throughout, since so many eggs, even those that pipped well after I raised the humidity to high levels, were shrink-wrapping. I also want to say that some people feel it's "unnatural" to attempt to help an egg, but mechanical incubation is in no way "natural" to start with. I waited as long as I could to make sure I wasn't interfering, but in fact every single one of those 18 keets would have perished unnecessarily if I hadn't intervened, and the reason was purely my own fault so the onus was on me. Live and learn! P.S. I surely hope I won't be incubating keets again and that these 26 will form a flock that will reproduce of their own accord.