Dry Wells

WindingRoad

Crowing
Nov 21, 2018
Maine
Hi all, I live in New Portland. The guy who built my 26'x24' garage hasn't had water for a month. He has a dug well. He's a local volunteer firefighter and he and his wife and son take showers at the fire station. And are using the laundromat. I have a driven well. I've been very careful now not to use excess water. I use about 4 -5 gallons every other day. One large (5 gallons) waterer that I only fill every third day with about 2 gallons. Big trough. I have an heated dog bowl which takes about 2.5 gallons. Again cleaned out and refilled about every third day. I was pouring out a lot of water when I cleaned them. I also have a 3 gallon waterer in the coop and clean and refill about once a week. How is every one else doing with their wells. I am 69 and this has to be the driest summer I've ever seen her. Did live in NC for about 8 years. '77-'85 so don't know about that. I lived in the Farmington area in the early '70's have 4 tile dug well without any problems. I hope everyone is doing good with their chickens. I have 13.

Wisconsin isn't having an problems with wells. We have been getting a decent amount of rain this year. We are anticipating more snow than average this winter so that will help the wells also. I also have a 375 gallon pesticide container I received from a local farmer that I use to collect rain water to water the vegetable garden all year long so that I don't have to use my well water for the veggies.

Hi all, I live in New Portland. The guy who built my 26'x24' garage hasn't had water for a month. He has a dug well. He's a local volunteer firefighter and he and his wife and son take showers at the fire station. And are using the laundromat. I have a driven well. I've been very careful now not to use excess water. I use about 4 -5 gallons every other day. One large (5 gallons) waterer that I only fill every third day with about 2 gallons. Big trough. I have an heated dog bowl which takes about 2.5 gallons. Again cleaned out and refilled about every third day. I was pouring out a lot of water when I cleaned them. I also have a 3 gallon waterer in the coop and clean and refill about once a week. How is every one else doing with their wells. I am 69 and this has to be the driest summer I've ever seen her. Did live in NC for about 8 years. '77-'85 so don't know about that. I lived in the Farmington area in the early '70's have 4 tile dug well without any problems. I hope everyone is doing good with their chickens. I have 13.

Bumping in case people haven't seen this. Some people around are having their 300 ft drilled well sputter. So I am trying to go waterless as much as I can. I am having a waterless meal tonight. Baked sweet potato, bake breaded pork chop, and a small portion of green peas. Just a cookie sheet which I will put a sheet of foil on the keep clean.

What's evenry one else doing to conserve water. Oh and please pray for RAIN. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom