1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dryer blew up

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Aug 4, 2011.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Well, more accurately, the dryer vent hose came off the back (darn cats!) and lint has covered every available surface in the laundry room. I just spent an hour vaccuming and sweeping and wiggling behind the stupid dryer to reattach the hose thingy. Sigh. On the plus side, I did need to vacuum the vent out.

Where's the House Boy when you really need him?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

Just think, it could've been worse. At least there was no rodents involved. [​IMG]

4. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Oh, no. There are rodents involved. I think there are rats living under the house. I can hear them in the walls late at night. I keep waiting on the House Boy to deal with that too. Clearly I am going to have to suck it up and throw some poison under the house. Ugg. We all know the worthless cats will be no help at all.

Seriously, I need a House Boy.

5. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    To make it even more fun, I was drying this chenille throw when the thing came off. The throw has disintegrated into a pile of chenille fuzz. There is little fine chenille dust on everything. The reason I figured out the tube thingy had come off is that the smoke alarm went off. I couldn't see fire or smoke, but the room looked funny. I climbed my old lady self up on top of the dryer to peek over the edge, only to be blasted in the face with about a ton of fine dust. And humidity. My glasses fogged up and were coated in dust. My face was coated in dust. It was nasty.

On the plus side, we know the smoke alarm works.

6. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

Good thing thats all it was and you don't have to get a new dryer.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Which one are you Lucy or Ethel?

8. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Being from Florida, we prefer to call them "Cabana Boys" that seems to encompass work around the house as well as bringing you a cold one when you are sitting out by the pool. [​IMG]

9. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    When we had a ferret, she frequently pulled the hose off the back of our dryer. And that is one thing I just cannot repair by myself, it never stays put. At least once that little scoundrel put holes in the hose, so we had to replace it. At Lowe's the other day, we saw a thing that redirects your dryer hose, to keep it off the ground. If we ever get more ferrets, we're stopping for one of those before the weasel comes home.

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Now you know what it's like to have two german shepherds, every day. [​IMG]

Sorry Hun. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by