DS assaulted by kid at school.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Nov 3, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

My 7 1/2 year old son was assaulted by a 6 year old at their school today. The kids were playing soccer at recess, and apparently the younger kid felt angry because DS had the ball. He leapt on DS, knocked him down, punched him in the neck, and dragged him backwards by the neck of his sweatshirt. DS is not a big kid, and i'd say the 6 yr old is about the same physical size. I got 2 phone calls from the school today, regarding a bee sting DS got on his eyelid, and didn't hear a word about this incident until pick up time, when my kids both told me. I went straight to the office, and the receptionist directed me to the principal, who said he'd planned on calling me after he had a chance to talk to the teachers after school.. I am furious, and think i should have been called immediately after the 'attack'. back me up?

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Should have been called immediately, regardless of anything else. Suprised the school called about the sting before they asked the bee if it was provoked or not [​IMG]

3. chickensducks&agoose

i would imagine that there is some sort of policy, and though I like the principal usually, really feel like they've dropped the ball.

4. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

You should of been called right after it happened!!

5. chickensducks&agoose

do you think it'd be bad if I beat up the 6 year old? no, really though, i'm just about mad enough to. the only thing keeping me remotely contained is the kindness of another parent when my son BIT her daughter last year... she was very understanding... so i'm going to do my best to not lose it... i am just sure it's against policy to not tell me at once.

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    chickensducks&agoose :

do you think it'd be bad if I beat up the 6 year old? no, really though, i'm just about mad enough to. the only thing keeping me remotely contained is the kindness of another parent when my son BIT her daughter last year... she was very understanding... so i'm going to do my best to not lose it... i am just sure it's against policy to not tell me at once.

The kid...needs discipline...get his parents if anybody [​IMG] I know how you feel. And yep, it goes both ways. *sigh* Kids can be a pain. I think it is against MOST school policies to not be immediately informed. Then again, they have to cover themselves too. [​IMG] STILL maddening though!​

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Quote:Humorous, and to the point - exactly!

8. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes it would be bad to beat up the kid.......... BUT you could beat up the parents!!!

Yes you should have been call the principal could have said this is what happened I will be talking to the teachers at 3 pm and will call you with a more detailed report at 4 pm

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The kid is not the real issue (although he DOES need to be appropriately disciplined). The problem is the school's lack of failure to contact you. Even a note being sent home with him that said more or less what Julie08 just said would have been preferable to not notifying you at all.

10. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    When my son was in PS,I was involved in the PTO and sub'd at the school.I personally had lots of problems and just went strait to the source of possible some parents just don't care.I woulg go into the school when you take your son in for the day and tell them you want to have a time set to meet with the teachers and principal and even the school superintendent.IF YOU DON't TRY TO FIX THIS IT WILL GO HIDDEN,I WILL MAKE THEM LISTEN TO YOU.I would review the school policies that they have written out for the parents and have them on hand.IT TAKES ONE PARENTS TO MAKE A CHANGE.I would sit in that office until they hear you out.
    BLessings
    This is one reason I homeschool.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by