DS's Punishment

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by herfrds, Sep 6, 2010.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Was taping the windows inside of the house to get ready for putting on the stain and I hear DS running around on his 4-wheeler.
    Then I start hearing him yelling YAHOOO!
    Move to my next window and there he is running circles around one of my guineas, then he turns to start chasing my turkeys; all of which are free ranging.
    He chases them down towards their coop and very narrowly misses running over 1 turkey.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

By now I am steaming mad. I throw open the door and yell out to him to leave my birds alone and he owes me $20

He comes up to me later and we have a talk. I asked if he would like it if I chased his rabbits with the 4-wheeler? No.
    Then what makes him think I liked him chasing my birds.

He has lost his 4-wheeler for a week and I am trying to think of other things for him as punishment.
    Wish we were calving I'd lock 8 heifers in the barn overnight and make him clean it out the next day.

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

If that happened at my house I would make him tape the "for sale" sign to his 4 wheeler.

Steve

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:x2...
    A week is nothing..IMO..
    Thats a very mean thing your son was doing....
    How old is he? Does he know better? Does he understand about animals and having empathy for living things??
    I'm assuming that if hes old enough to ride a ATV that hes old enough to be responsible for his behavior...

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Not cool!

5. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    He does know better. I've never seen or heard of him doing this before.

If I had had a paint ball gun it would have been open season on him at that point.

No idea why he decided to do that.

He is feeling bad about it now.
    Still trying to think of additional punishment.

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Sell the 4 wheeler. Have the boy clean out coops for a month. He'll have the time as he'll be grounded for life. [​IMG]

7. chickenprincess92

chickenprincess92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    I would be steaming mad. You should let the turkey chase him with the four wheeler.

8. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Got any sidewalks or driveway that needs edging??

9. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Volunteer time at a local animal shelter? Work on the whole empathy thing.

Honestly, I can see a kid doing this. Just getting caught up in the moment and not having impulse control.Maybe he didnt start out chasing. One could have ran in front of him and freaked out running and then the games began and chaos followed. Not saying its right. Just thinking that the boy may have just got caught up in the moment.

Good luck!

10. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    He would lose that 4 wheeler for a lot longer than a week. Probably a month and he would be cleaning all the coops out too. Depending on his age, he might get his backside warmed too! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by