d'Uccle Bantam x

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I'm hoping in spring that our d'Uccle Bantam will be breeding the hens so that I can hatch out some chicks. Does anyone have any guesses as to what the colors of the chicks from each breeding will possibly look like??

Hens:
-2 Black sex links
-1 Black Olive egger
-1 Bantam cochin/silkie (White)
-2 Bantam polish (BCW & BL)
-1 Blue wyandotte
-1 Buff orpington
-1 Black australorp

Here's what Sergeant Hei Hei looks like:
Lucky 02.jpeg

Black sex link x- black with varying amounts of red leakage, could turn out entirely red

Black crested white polish x- black with minimal red leakage or entirely black, small to medium crest

Buff laced polish x- buff with partial lacing, all normally black feathers will be white, small to med

Blue wyandotte x- half of the chicks will be blue, half will be black, either with red leakage or solid colored, will probably have rose combs

Buff Orpington x- buff, possibly with some messy black patterning

Black australorp x- black with red leakage or entirely black

All the d’uccle’s offspring have a chance of inheriting a beard and/or feathered feet.

Can you post photos of the two mixed breeds (OE and cochin/silkie)?

Black sex link x- black with varying amounts of red leakage, could turn out entirely red

Black crested white polish x- black with minimal red leakage or entirely black, small to medium crest

Buff laced polish x- buff with partial lacing, all normally black feathers will be white, small to med

Blue wyandotte x- half of the chicks will be blue, half will be black, either with red leakage or solid colored, will probably have rose combs

Buff Orpington x- buff, possibly with some messy black patterning

Black australorp x- black with red leakage or entirely black

All the d’uccle’s offspring have a chance of inheriting a beard and/or feathered feet.

Can you post photos of the two mixed breeds (OE and cochin/silkie)?
Here's Mouse, our Cochin/Silkie. She's 3 yrs old.

IMG_20190416_182630.jpg
IMG_20190626_160227.jpg

Here's Mouse, our Cochin/Silkie. She's 3 yrs old.

View attachment 2366310View attachment 2366311
Seeing as she could be dominant or recessive white, and could be hiding anything under her white if it’s recessive, I couldn’t say what her offspring would look like.
Also, I forgot to mention that any of the d’uccle’s offspring will carry the mottling (white spot) gene. If one of the d’uccle x’s was bred back to the d’uccle, half of their offspring would be mottled. If a d’uccle x was bred to a d’uccle x, a fourth of their offspring would be mottled.

Seeing as she could be dominant or recessive white, and could be hiding anything under her white if it’s recessive, I couldn’t say what her offspring would look like.
Also, I forgot to mention that any of the d’uccle’s offspring will carry the mottling (white spot) gene. If one of the d’uccle x’s was bred back to the d’uccle, half of their offspring would be mottled. If a d’uccle x was bred to a d’uccle x, a fourth of their offspring would be mottled.
When we first got her as a young, almost-laying pullet, she had a couple black spots on her wings that faded into nothing over time

Back
Top Bottom