d'Uccle chicks, what gender and colors are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by verycherry, Apr 21, 2009.

1. verycherry

verycherry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    I got 5 chicks, but I know one is a Golden Neck pullet.

Here are the other 4.

I'm pretty sure the first one is a Mille Fleur male. He's about 5 or 6 weeks old in the pic. If he's male, he's for sale, because I have one lonely Mille boy now, and intended to buy only females for him.
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure this one is a Blue Mille Fleur pullet, but not 100% sure. What do you think? She's about 3 or 4 weeks old in the picture.
    [​IMG]

This one is about 5 to 6 weeks old. I just can't decide on the gender, but it doesn't even have any spots yet, so I'm wondering if it's actually a Buff Columbian d'Uccle, and not a Mille at all.
    [​IMG]

Last one, just don't know. About 3 to 4 weeks old in the picture. I thought it was a pullet, but now I'm leaning towards a cockerel. Also, no spots yet either that I can see. Mille or Buff Columbian? Boy or girl?
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for your help on these!

I have the first boy listed for sale in the BST section, but I'll probably have to sell ALL the boys, as I meant to buy only females. I have enough roosters already! If anyone is interested, just PM me, or post here.

2. waibel zoo

waibel zoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Sandy, UT
    I think 1 and 3 are definately roos. From what I understand full color can take up to the first molt to appear.

3. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    Looks like you have already labled what they are but would say the columbian are actually Mille Fluer and all but the blue are roos.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  4. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    Looks like you have already labled what they are but would say the columbian are actually Mille Fluer

Those are my best guesses. Ok, so the Columbian might be Mille Fleurs after all.

...and all but the blue are roos.

Hmmm... that's what I was afraid of. [​IMG] I'm still not sure on number 4, but I bet you're right.​

5. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
    What I'm wondering though, is if #1 and #3 are both roosters, those two are the same age, so why does only one have it's Mille Fleur spots? That's why I was thinking #3 might be Buff Columbian. Just seems it would have spots by now, since the other one does.

My pics aren't even showing up at the moment for some reason, but I hope they'll reappear soon.

6. Jeff9118

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    I raise Mille Fluer, Blue Mille Fluer and Porcelain Old english bantams. Some show spots right away at the begining and others show little to none until thier adult molt. Usually the ones that show early will have more mottling then the others but it is not unusual for them not to be showing yet.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    god i hope all of mine are pullet's, i have a thread up with pics

8. Jeff9118

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    Quote:Put a link up with your thread so people that come here can check yours out as well. I'd like to see them.

9. verycherry

May 29, 2008
    SC Arkansas
  10. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    Where did you get the D'uccles?
    We have been looking for some other colors,
    Thank you,