D'uccle color/breeding question- pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LastChanceRanch, Nov 1, 2009.

1. LastChanceRanch

LastChanceRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Hello all! I am posting a picture of one of my mille fleur roos and a couple of his hens. I believe he has too much white for show, but was wondering if any of you could tell me if possibly he's carring another gene that is affecting his patterns or if he looks like a straight mille fleur. He is my favorite roo and is just part of my backyard flock, not my breeders but am interested in what he may throw if he breeds with the mille fleur hens just for fun. All thoughts are appreciated of course as i have just gotten into the mille fleur variety and don't really have any knowledge on their show standards. Thanks! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Looks like a mille fleur pattern to me, just a messy one. [​IMG] You'll get mille fleur offspring from him when paired with a mille fleur patterned female.

3. LastChanceRanch

LastChanceRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Thats what i figured. I was going to have fun with the incubator and some eggs from him and his ladies to see if I could get the pattern better, just as an experiment! Its much easier if he's mf, .I don't want to have to worry about "extra" variables in there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by